One of the beginning stages of writing is giving the students the confidence and ability to label a drawing. This helps students realize the connection between words and pictures. Students build confidence as they read the word and determine where it would fit on a labeling worksheet.
Since labeling is often used towards the beginning of the school year, it is also a great time for students to practice coloring skills. I have created this resource to be used in your writing centers to help students strengthen their writing skills all year. Because of this, I thought it would be fun to include a labeling worksheet for the major holidays as well.
This resource is part of my FAVORITE growing INTERACTIVE WRITING CENTER on TPT, which you can view by clicking here:
Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
Once you have your center set up, you simply switch out the ready-made activities and samples on your bulletin board making it easy to always have your station in tip-top shape! Make sure to check out the video explanation and visit my blog to see pictures of this product in use in my classroom.
You can view a video
about this resource by clicking below:
(Skip to 4:!5 if you only want to hear about the interactive writing center!)
Organizing the Interactive Writing Center & More!
In this resource, you will find:
• Various Labeling Worksheets with increasing difficulty
• A colored sample sheet - perfect to display on a Writing Center Bulletin Board
• A blank sheet for students to create their own drawing with labels
• A Labeling Worksheet for every major holiday
(Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, & Easter)
• Updated pages with alternate spelling of the word "color" (colour)
You will be working on the following standards with this product:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.1 and CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.1.1
Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.3, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.1.3 & CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.2.3
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
Need a fun beginning or end of the year activity??? How about a craftivity where students look forward to their future?
Visit my blog here to see the cute crafts my students created:
Sunglasses Craftivity at Pencils to Pigtails Blog
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails