Be sure to click the green Preview button to preview the produce and see all the great features!
• PowerPoint presentation with fun animation that always wow the little early elementary kiddos!
• Interactive book to teach about labor day. Kids have space to color, draw, and record information. Focus on introducing dictionary skills and text features with bold words and a glossary at the end. Use with PowerPoint included, or just talk students through the book!
• Vocabulary activity based on glossary terms.
• A short essay accompanied by 3 different writing prompts-Informative, Persuasive, and Creative. Just like standardized state testing, students are expected to read the essay and synthesize the information into their response to the prompt!
• An additional narrative prompt for kids to tell about their Labor Day weekend.
• An extension activity to support an organization aimed at ending child labor.
This bundle teaches young elementary students appropriate information about Labor Day and allows for a small emphasis on child labor. So important to use all these holiday and real life experiences as meaningful teachable moments.
This bundle includes materials in several formats which is why it is uploaded in a compressed file. In order to unzip file find compressed file in folder, right click, and select 'extract all.'