PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These activities introduce students to information and fun facts about Labor Day. A simple pre-assessment is provided to help prepare your students to learn about Labor Day. Students can use the scavenger hunt twice; once with the typical scavenger hunt question sheet and once with a crossword puzzle.
This product has been recently revised and expanded! If you have purchased it, please download it again!
Table of Contents
• cover card for organizing and storing scavenger hunt
• student answer pages
• 20 colorful information cards
• 20 black and white information cards
• pre-assessment (or exit ticket) in 2 formats
• crossword puzzle in 2 formats (with and without a Word Bank)
• answer keys
How to Use this Product
1. Print the Labor Day Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock, then cut them apart. Laminate for durability, if desired.
2. Make copies of the Labor Day Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet or crossword puzzle (or both). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Labor Day Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
More About this Product
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups or social studies centers. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
You May Also Like
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥