Kindergarten Darlings has created an early emergent story about a ladybug's life. The story comes in blackline format for the students and a color format for the classroom library. In addition, the freebie includes a building -ot words activity and a sorting -ot words vs. -ug words. There is also a simple sentence ladybug match. Your students will need to read the sentences and determine which sentence goes with each picture. Finally, there is real -ot word vs. a nonsense word activity. Many of these activities are ready to use in your classroom tomorrow.
If you like this freebie, then check out my full Ladybug literacy unit called All about Ladybugs. This unit is full of fun activities that will excite your students and boost literacy skills. There are also 3 more versions of A Ladybug's Life at varied reading levels.
Please take the time to rate this unit. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
All About Ladybugs (complete unit) activities are...
1. Build –ug Words: bug, hug, mug, rug, jug, slug, and plug
2. Making Words: Ladybug Spots
3. Simple Sentence Match
a. Are you a ladybug? 2 reading levels
b. Ladybug Life Cycle
4. Are you a Ladybug? --student created booklet
5. Build a Sentence:
a. The Ladybug is in the flower garden.
b. A ladybug is red with black spots.
6. Life Cycle of a Ladybug- colored teacher version, blackline student version
7. Parts of a Ladybug- colored teacher version, blackline student version
8. A Ladybug’s Life (non-fiction)
-3 reading levels
-colored teacher version, blackline student version
9. Ladybug Label Story – A ladybug has… (w/describing words and body parts)
10. The Ladybug – a picture sequence story
a. Short Uu vs. Long Uu
b. Short Uu vs. Short Oo
c. –ug Real vs. Nonsense Words
a. Ladybug Words chart
b. Ladybug Word center activity
c. Ladybug Facts writing paper