Thoroughly tried and tested 3 week unit on the fantastic Roald Dahl short story 'Lamb to the Slaughter'! Suitable for ages 12-16 and focuses upon close reading skills, with a lot of opportunity for fun group analysis work.
* 9 lesson plans (with 16 differentiation strategies)
* 41 slide PowerPoint presentation
* All resources
* Homework project
Unit's lessons include:
* Key vocabulary dictionary work
* Context research (gender roles in the 1950s)
* Examining crime fiction conventions and themes
* Dedicated reading and discussion lesson
* Group 'Jigsaw Task' - in-depth key analysis of the whole text
* Reading essay assessment tracking Mary Maloney's character development
* Spelling tests (differentiated)
* Teacher/peer/self assessment opportunities
Thank you for taking an interest in my product! If you do decide to proceed to purchase, I'd really appreciate your rating and feedback. This will help me to adapt future products and edit existing ones so that they can really be the best they can be.
If you enjoy this product, please do check out my others and click 'Follow' to be the first to hear about new products, sales and promotions!