Also included in
- Build students’ inferencing skills and prepare for your reading of “Lamb to the Slaughter” by Roald Dahl with this group simulation. Students take on the role of the young detective arriving on the scene of Mr. Maloney’s death, collecting facts and making inferences to unlock the next level. After t$4.99$6.00Save $1.01
- Are you looking for seasonal activities to promote creativity, analysis, and critical thinking? These Halloween activities for Secondary ELA include nonfiction articles, creative writing, research, drama games, and much more! (optimized for grades 7-10)What You Get:1. Sweet Symbolism (paper + ISN) -$19.99$31.21Save $11.22
Build students’ inferencing skills and prepare for your reading of “Lamb to the Slaughter” by Roald Dahl with this group simulation. Students take on the role of the young detective arriving on the scene of Mr. Maloney’s death. They work text-by-text and make inferences in order to unlock the next level. Includes a Teacher’s Guide, a version for absent students, and a full answer key. (grades 6-12)
This pre-reading activity is based on the story "Lamb to the Slaughter". Students will work to discover Mrs. Maloney's guilt and motive. In this simulation, students will have to note certain facts and make certain key inferences before you, the Police Chief, approve them to continue. You will check in with groups and then give them the next text as they gather the necessary information. By the end, students will present their theories as to "Who dunnit?". Then, they'll read the original story (provided by you via the internet or your Lit Anthology) and read the real outcome.
1. Inference warm-up
2. Four texts
3. Student Tracking Sheet for facts, inferences, and questions
4. Version for absent students
5. Teacher's Guide & Answer Key
6. Digital Version
Since your students loooove puzzles, check out my Escape Rooms for ELA!
Your resource contains a PDF of this print-and-go activity and one PowerPoint slide (uneditable) to project. The digital version (Google Slides) includes options for completing this as a moderated activity (as you would in a classroom) or as an independent activity. Please email me if you have any questions! :)
Did you know that you can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Pinterest: Nouvelle ELA Teaching Resources
Facebook: Nouvelle ELA
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA