When purchasing a new home it is often a necessary step to pick out a lot from a real estate developer. While most lots are rectangular in shape, sometimes this is not possible. In each of these housing developments, the lots are all trapezoidal!
Middle School or High School students will enjoy calculating land size, appraising value and ultimately mapping out their own housing development!
In this product you will receive a 24 page PDF which includes: 2 different assignments and 1 project. Download the Preview to see pretty much everything.
- In “Choosing a Lot” students will compute areas of trapezoidal lots and use the sizes to answer questions.
- In “Property Value” students will calculate the areas of trapezoidal lots and use the cost of the land, cost of development and profit goal to price the lots. The Price of the Lot by Square Foot should be multiplied by the square footage of the entire lot.
- In “Land Developer” students in groups can choose a development option that includes a series of community specifications. Students are tasked with partitioning the land into lots and pricing them to meet the financial goal. All of the lots must be trapezoids and all design requirements must be adhered to.
This product is included in the following discounted bundles. SAVE $$$!
• 21st Century Math Projects -- All the Projects
Need an Entire Curriculum?
• 21st Century Pre-Algebra –- the Entire Curriculum
• 21st Century Geometry –- the Entire Curriculum
And join our community where I post ideas, anecdotes, elaborations & every once in a while I pass out TPT gift cards! And jokes! I do jokes too!
21st Century Math Projects Facebook Page