Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The article recounts the mythical creation of Japan and also gives an explanation of the actual reasons for the formation of the Japanese archipelago. Activities and Common Core-Aligned Document Based Question Assessments Included.
- 3-Page Illustrated Article
- Multiple Choice / Document Based Question Assessment + Answer Key
- Primary Source: from the "Kojiki" ("An Account of Ancient Matters")
- Common Core-Aligned DBQ Short Answer Assessment + Answer Key
- DBQ Scoring Rubric (allows students to easily score each other's short answers)
- "Origins Scaffolded Review" + Answer Key
- Brief Articles: "The Cherry Blossom Tree" "Typhoon Alley"
- "Origins Exit Ticket"
- Reflective Writing Activity: "3-2-1"
- "Support from Text" Guide
- Graphic Organizer: "Three Takeaways"
- Origins Crossword + Crossword Key
- Maps + Japan Map Activity
- Visuals for Projection
- Black and White Printables
- No Prep - Just Print and Go
- Use as much or as little as you wish: 30-60+ mins
- Excellent class work / homework or both
California State History-Social Science Content Standard Addressed: 7.5
Store: The Medieval World and Early Modern Times