Engage your students in learning about landforms by having them apply their knowledge of various landforms to create a project... LANDFORM ISLAND! Students will work alone or in groups to research 24 different landforms, draft a plan for their island, write all about their island and publish a poster of their islands. Islands will include as many landforms as possible and students will need to brainstorm different animals, plants and other features that would be located near various landforms on various parts of their islands.
This is a social studies project that includes a writing component. It takes between 5-10 days to teach, depending on your class.
- 24 landform posters
- 2 differentiated packets for taking notes on landforms
- 2 different planning pages for student islands (a group version and individual version)
- 2 different drafting pages for student islands (a group version and individual version)
- 2 pages to publish writing about each section of the island
- 2 different checklists to grade student projects
- 1 teaching guide
- 1 picture example page
- 2 pages of bulletin board letters spelling out "landforms"
This project is sure to engage learners and is sure to challenge their thinking about landforms in a productive, fun way. Please check out the preview file before opening. Enjoy!