With this scavenger hunt students will gain knowledge of landforms, while practicing naming them. The scavenger hunt is provided in three formats; with photographs, color illustrations, and black/white illustrations. Two formats for student use with the scavenger hunt cards are now included; a questions sheet and a crossword puzzle.
Directions for Use
1. Print the Landforms Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock then cut them apart. Laminate for durability if desired.
2. Make copies of the Landforms Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet and/or the crossword puzzle sheet. Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Landforms Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
More about the Product
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during social studies centers or reading groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
Table of Contents
• a cover page to help you organize and store the scavenger hunt cards
• student question/answer sheets
• 20 scavenger hunt cards with color illustrations
• 20 scavenger hunt cards with b/w illustrations (same information on cards)
• 20 cards with photographs (same information on cards)
• crossword puzzle in 2 formats (with and without a word bank)
• Answer keys
• Landforms Comparison Matrix; provides an opportunity for research.
You May Also Like
Landform Active Learning Pack
Landform Vocabulary Bingo
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥