PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource was created to help your students to recognize and think critically about landforms and their characteristics. Landforms included are hills, mountains, valleys, canyons, cliffs, plateaus, islands, caves, volcanos, sand dunes, peninsulas, beaches, ponds, lakes, bays, streams, rivers, oceans, waterfalls, and glaciers. Ideal for first grade, second grade, and third grade classrooms and homeschool students. Integrates writing across the curriculum!
The following activities are included:
• Landforms Printable Book - a 21 page reader introducing each landform
• Landforms Word Wall - 21 cards featuring landform names, pictures, and definitions
• Student Reference Sheets - reference resource for folders or notebooks
• Cut and Paste Sorts - Students match landform pictures and names.
• Landform Puzzles - 2 sets (Includes a recording sheet and answer key for each.)
• Landform Scavenger Hunt - Students hunt around the classroom for 24 photographs of landforms and identify the landform type. (An answer key is included.)
• Landforms I Have Who Has Game - 21 cards are provided for this whole class or small group game. Distribute cards to students and ask the child with the start card to read his or her card. Each card ends with a clue that will lead to the next card. Play stops when the end card is reached.
• Landform Map Activity - Students will create a landform map of an area by studying a provided photograph. Photograph, directions and a map key are provided.
• My Island Landform Map Activity - Students will create a landform map of an imaginary island with at least four different landforms. An optional writing prompt is also included.
• Postcard Writing Activity - Students imagine visiting the landform of their choice and describe it.
• Landforms in My Community Writing Activity - Includes graphic organizer and prompt paper.
• Comparing Landforms - Includes Venn diagram and prompt paper.
Related Next Generation Science Standards:
2-ESS2-2: Develop a model to represent the shapes and kinds of land and bodies of water in an area.
2-ESS2-3: Obtain information to identify where water is found on Earth and that it can be solid or liquid.
If you enjoy this product, please consider following my store. I post new products and freebies regularly! You can contact me with any questions or requests at email@example.com.
Amanda Taylor @ Second Grade Smiles