Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Learning about landforms and their effects on Earth's surface is a big part of the 2nd grade Next Gen Science Standards. This 4 week in-depth unit gives students hands on activities, STEM challenges and literacy connections, and math connections to help them understand the big idea, "Earth's surfaces change."
See this HUGE 130+ page unit in action ON THE BLOG!
THE FOLLOWING NEXT GEN STANDARDS ARE ADDRESSED:
• Landforms: 2-ESS2-1, 2-ESS2-2, 2-ESS2-3
Included in this packet:
• unit outline with the big idea and essential question for each week
• weekly detailed lesson plans
• 12 objective cards plus a blank objective card
• 18 writing prompt pages
• landform vocab word find
• landform vocab crossword puzzle
• 21 vocabulary word wall cards and definitions to use for matching word and definitions or find your partner games
• Anchor Chart Templates in full color and BW: landforms, mountain, valley, plain, plateau, volcano, cave, glacier, canyon, water, pond, lake, ocean, river, invent me steps, why landforms change
• answer keys when needed
• land and water virtual tour project with Google Earth (with math connection page included)
• landform type shared research small group project with QR codes or website links to articles for research
• comparing landscapes project with drone video links and observation pages (3 versions)
• landform photo cards with and without labels and definition cards for the "guess my landform" activity
• "Does Earth Have More Water or Land?" class graph label cards
• Globe Toss game recording sheet
• Land and water math mystery project page
• Bodies of water photo cards with labels
• STEM Challenge direction slides (problem, plan, build, share, publish), planning pages, and publishing pages: Ideal Island & Protect the Sandcastle
• Changing landscapes: discussion photo slide, find your partner photo cards, and recording sheet
• Science Experiment Labs: Earthquake structures, Effects of volcanoes
• Venn Diagram for erosion and weathering
• Weathering and Erosion Exploration Stations: station number and direction cards, recording handout
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!