- Are you looking for engaging units to help address the Next Gen Science Standards (NGSS)? This bundle includes hands on science labs, STEM connections, literacy connections and more for each of the themes in the NGSS 2nd grade standards: landforms, matter and ecosystems.Read about these units ON TH$36.00$45.00Save $9.00
- Are you looking for engaging units to help address the Next Gen Science Standards (NGSS)? This bundle includes hands on science labs, STEM connections, literacy connections and more for each of the themes in the NGSS K-2 standards.*****Please read the description carefully and download the preview$79.00$114.00Save $35.00
TSW research, explore and test how Earth's surfaces change.
- Product Description
Learning about landforms and their effects on Earth's surface is a big part of the 2nd grade Next Gen Science Standards. This 4 week in-depth unit gives students hands on activities, STEM challenges and literacy connections, and math connections to help them understand the big idea, "Earth's surfaces change."
See this HUGE 130+ page unit in action ON THE BLOG!
THE FOLLOWING NEXT GEN STANDARDS ARE ADDRESSED:
• Landforms: 2-ESS2-1, 2-ESS2-2, 2-ESS2-3
Included in this packet:
• unit outline with the big idea and essential question for each week
• weekly detailed lesson plans
• 12 objective cards plus a blank objective card
• 18 writing prompt pages
• landform vocab word find
• landform vocab crossword puzzle
• 21 vocabulary word wall cards and definitions to use for matching word and definitions or find your partner games
• Anchor Chart Templates in full color and BW: landforms, mountain, valley, plain, plateau, volcano, cave, glacier, canyon, water, pond, lake, ocean, river, invent me steps, why landforms change
• answer keys when needed
• land and water virtual tour project with Google Earth (with math connection page included)
• landform type shared research small group project with QR codes or website links to articles for research
• comparing landscapes project with drone video links and observation pages (3 versions)
• landform photo cards with and without labels and definition cards for the "guess my landform" activity
• "Does Earth Have More Water or Land?" class graph label cards
• Globe Toss game recording sheet
• Land and water math mystery project page
• Bodies of water photo cards with labels
• STEM Challenge direction slides (problem, plan, build, share, publish), planning pages, and publishing pages: Ideal Island & Protect the Sandcastle
• Changing landscapes: discussion photo slide, find your partner photo cards, and recording sheet
• Science Experiment Labs: Earthquake structures, Effects of volcanoes
• Venn Diagram for erosion and weathering
• Weathering and Erosion Exploration Stations: station number and direction cards, recording handout
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!