This resource is 100% Editable using Microsoft Word. You can add, subtract, or modify any of the content to suit the needs of your students. Great for differentiation!
From the swamps of the Mississippi to the canyons of Arizona, landforms come in many different shapes and sizes. Each year, millions of tourists travel around the globe for a chance to view these incredible attractions. For this assignment, students choose a famous landscape to study and create a project to showcase their learning.
This resource guides students through conducting their own research report on a famous landform of the world (25 topics are listed). After choosing a topic to focus on, students are asked to conduct research using the Internet and books while following criteria. Next, students are asked to share their learning by creating a poster board, presentation board, power point presentation, or dodecahedron (Instructions and Pentagon Template included). A 3D model may also be constructed to further display learning. Finally, students present their work to the class.
To help students choose a research topic (and to introduce the project to the class) we have included a PowerPoint that features the Top 10 Research Topics.
Can be done in partners. Printable Evaluation forms included!
This Project Package Includes:
- Step by Step Instructions
- Student Criteria Checklist
- Types of Landforms (70+ listed)
- 25 Possible Research Topics
- How To Conduct Research
- Research Notes Template w/ Criteria (2 Pages)
- Research Notes Page
- Presentation Options Page
- Dodecahedron Instructions (w/ Pentagon Template)
- Dodecahedron Construction (w/ Photos)
- How To Build a 3D Model
- 3D Model Design Page
- Reference List Instructions
- Student Self-Assessment Write-Up (2-pages)
- Printable Evaluation Forms
- Project Rubric
- Top 10 Research Topics PowerPoint (11 pages)
Project-Based Learning (PBL) is a student-centered pedagogy in which students are challenged to actively learn about a subject for an extended period of time. It is a form of active learning or inquiry-based learning. Project-Based Learning is in contrast to paper-based, rote memorization, or teacher-led instruction that presents established facts. Please be aware of what you are purchasing.
Thanks so much,
Your Feedback = Free Products
We love your feedback. After leaving feedback on one of our products, email us at CreativeLab25@gmail.com and we will send you any Creative Lab product for free (excludes bundles). We look forward to hearing from you!
Followers Get Premium Access
• Look for the green star next to our store logo at the top right corner of this page and click it to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time we debut a new product or freebie!
Tags: landforms, landmarks, famous landmarks, world famous landmarks, stem, 3d model, ha long bay, giants causeway, grand canyon, san andreas fault, mount vesuvius, sahara desert, great barrier reef, mount st helens, mount everest, great lakes, fjord, glacier, peninsula, ocean, ridge, atoll, basin, arch, alluvial fan, isthmus