Also included in
- It’s all about landforms- from an escape room to a STEM challenge to reading about the oddities of formations like sinkholes. Your students will enjoy this adventure. You will love the ease of setting up the events and the time it will save you!Note: All three of the resources in this bundle may be$7.50$9.50Save $2.00
- Are you ready to print and have students reading in a matter of minutes? These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are perfect in so many ways. Topics are high interest and many correlate with units of study. So, get ready to tackle some science, some holiday topics, or just some fu$51.00$64.00Save $13.00
If you are “bogged down” with prepping for your students, let me help! This print and read set is perfect for having students reading in a matter of minutes. These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are great in so many ways. The topic of this set is also amazing! It’s all about landforms. This would be great addition to your Distance Learning printed packets.
NOTE: This reading passage set is available in a printable and digital format.
- NOTE: This reading resource is available in money-saving bundles:
- Landforms Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Print and Read Bundle
This set features upper 3rd to fifth-grade skills of finding the main idea, determining word meaning in context, finding evidence, comparing examples to passages, listing examples, inferring, comparing and contrasting, and basic reading comprehension questions.
The set also makes use of non-fiction text features. You will find the use of headings, subheadings, illustrations, title, timelines, glossary, pronunciation, fact boxes, bold print, italics, parentheses, and tables in the reading passages or worksheets.
The four reading passages are provided in two reading levels- an easier and a more challenging. The reading selections include basic information about landforms, the Grand Canyon, caves, and sinkholes. Each set of passages includes a basic worksheet on two levels.
In addition, a newspaper mock-up article page is included that has 3 more reading selections. The articles include information about bogs, national parks, and fjords. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 2 graphic organizers.
All answer keys are provided. Specific skills and Common Core standards are listed on the table of contents page.
NOTE: The reading selections for this resource were written for elementary students.
NOTE: The reading levels of the passages are appropriate for upper third grade through fifth grade. This set is perfect for centers, small groups, seat work, homework, or sub days!
Specific contents of this resource are:
- Selection 1- What is a Landform? – in 2 reading levels
- Selection 2- A Grand Canyon Indeed- in 2 reading levels
- Selection 3 – Let’s Go Underground!- in 2 reading levels
- Selection 4 – The Phenomenal Sinkhole- in 2 reading levels
- Newspaper Page- 3 articles (Don’t Get Bogged Down, National Parks of the USA, and What on Earth is a Fjord?) with separate question page and 2 graphic organizers
- Answer keys for all
- Table of Contents listing levels, skills, Common Core standards, and non-fiction text features
- Teacher's Guide with notes about reading levels, standards, organizations, and ideas for use
This set is available in a printable and digital format:
Are you looking for even more landform resources?
You might also enjoy these resources:
- Animal Adaptations Print & Read
- Animal Adaptations Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Nonfiction Text Features Booklets
- Nonfiction Text Features Posters
- Pirates Print and Read
- Pirates Reading and Escape Room Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!