Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Science Informational Text Research BUNDLE! These units are perfect for students who are learning how to use informational text and studying a variety of science topics. Students will first learn how to use the text features in informational text including the table of contents and index. Then, stu$75.60$108.00Save $32.40
- Science AND Social Studies Informational Text Research BUNDLE! These units are perfect for students who are learning how to use informational text and studying a variety of science and social studies topics. Students will first learn how to use the text features in informational text including the t$183.60$204.00Save $20.40
This landforms unit is perfect for students who are learning how to use informational text and studying landforms and bodies of water. It is a great landform activity for landform reports and more. Students can conduct traditional book and/or internet research.
Students will first learn how to use the text features in informational text including the table of contents and index. They will also learn how to find credible sources on the internet. Then, students will be assigned a landform or body of water to research(and optionally, a partner or group to work with). Students will have a Landforms Research Journal that they will use as a guide as they research about the landforms in general as well as their assigned landform. Editable sections have been added to the research journals so you may add your own questions!
Once students have completed their research, they will use it to complete two culminating activities: a report/presentation and a salt dough model of their landform. Finally, other classes and parents will be invited to the "Landform Fair" where your students can show off their cool landform!
You can also get this unit in the Science Research Unit Bundle! You will save 30% when you buy all 4 units together!
- Teacher Info Pages: This includes a sample unit outline, grading rubric, and lesson plans for internet research, intro lesson, research journals, and final projects.
- Book research/ text features worksheets: Students will review other text features including: glossary, titles, headings, photos, captions, graphs/charts, and special print. They will also compare and contrast the table of contents and index.
- Internet research worksheets: These worksheets will familiarize your students with how to find credible sources on the internet for research.
- Landform Cards Cards with the name and clip art of each type of landform or body of water. You can use these to assign students a landform or body of water to research.
- Research Journals: The research journals will guide the students throughout their research. There is one question on each page for the students to find the answer to. 19 pre-written pages are included, plus 2 blank ones to add your own questions.Choose which version is best for your students.
- Salt Dough Landform & Landform Report Instructions Lesson plan for the student's final project
- Salt Dough Landform Example A photo example of the final project
- Parent Letter & Landform Fair Invitation: Keep the parents in the loop! Let them know what is going on with the landform unit and invite them to the landform fair, if you decide to host one.
- Final Report Pages and info: A final report page is included as well as examples and lessons to have students create a salt dough model of their landform.
- **BONUS! ALL PAGES in the document are included in both vivid color AND Ink Friendly Black & White for your convenience**
More Research Units:
- Holidays Around The World Research Unit
- USA Research Unit
- US Presidents Research Unit
- Solar System Research Unit
- Dinosaur Research Unit
- Landforms Research Unit
- Animals & Habitats Research Unit
WANT MORE FREEBIES & TEACHING TIPS?
Click on the green star by my store name to become a follower! You will be notified when I upload new products, freebies, and have sales! You can also sign up for my free resource library to get access to ALL of my freebies as well as lots of free teaching ideas at www.WifeTeacherMommy.com
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I'll try my best to help you out! You can email me at email@example.com.