This file contains 10 different sets of dominoes and saves you $3.00 compared to buying the individual files!
Copy each page on card stock and laminate for durability. Cut apart the 14 dominoes and match the terms end-to-end to form a chain or stack like "stair steps." Works great as a review center or independent review. (Each page is one set.)
This is what is included:
1.Cause and Effect Dominoes
2. Figurative Language Dominoes (terms and definitions): simile, onomatopoeia, hyperbole, imagery, metaphor, idiom, oxymoron, irony, personification, alliteration, symbolism, allegory, understatement, and allusion
3. Figurative Language Dominoes (terms and examples)
4. Literature Terms Dominoes: Set 1 includes: author's purpose, mood, conflict, main character, secondary characters, climax, dialogue, flashback, sequencing, onomatopoeia, compare, character traits, contrast, and idiom.
5. Literature Terms Dominoes: Set 2 includes: moral, antagonist, tone, foreshadowing, setting, hyperbole, personification, protagonist, simile, metaphor, point of view, alliteration, plot, and theme.
6. Poetry Dominoes: Set 1 contains the following poetry terms: couplet, quatrain, extended meataphor, rhyme, figurative language, stanza, refrain, assonance, poetic license, meter, rhyme scheme or pattern, free verse, rhythm, and consonance.
7. Poetry Dominoes: Set 2 contains the following types of poetry: ode, cinquain, ballad, diamante, acrostic, I-poem, bio-poem, haiku, concrete poetry, free verse poetry, narrative poem, limerick, rhyming couplets, and quatrain.
8. Nonfiction Terms Dominoes: Set 1 includes the following terms: central idea, summary, argument, assertion, paraphrase, subheading, logic, headline, sidebar, text features, fallacious reasoning, citation, caption, and text structure.
9. Nonfiction Terms Dominoes: Set 2 includes the following terms: description, direct quotation, problem and solution, evidence, italics, index, compare and contrast, bullets, sequence, boldface, cause and effect, glossary table of contents, and author's purpose.
10. Genre Dominoes: includes folk tale, reference, biography, realistic fiction, humor, science fiction, poetry, nonfiction, mystery, adventure, fantasy, fable, historical fiction, and autobiography.