This resource provides a year-long language arts curriculum that focuses on building basic skills. The curriculum is structured and visually based. It breaks down larger skills into manageable steps, embeds assessments, and utilizes data-based decision making.
Level 0.5 was created specifically for students who need a resource that does not require writing, has larger tracing options, and slowly builds in skill complexity. Each skill is focused on for two units and the skills gradually increase in complexity. Level 0.5 is not included in the bundle.
This curriculum includes 8 units plus a review unit! Each unit includes:
- a pre-test and post-test
- grading rubric with data-based decision making component
- 5 different versions of a vocabulary page
- 20 pages of activities
Level 0.5 focuses on teaching foundational skills. The skills included in this unit are:
- tracing lines and shapes
- tracing upper case and lower case letters
- identical matching out of a field of 4 and 6
- non-identical matching out of a field of 4 and 6
- receptive & expressive vocabulary for the following themes: food, animals, clothing, recreation/leisure, household, community, school supplies, and transportation
This curriculum is designed to use one page of activities per day. Your language arts instruction for the entire year is planned! Over 180+ activities are included!
Also included in this resource:
- 2 types of lesson plan templates
- detailed curriculum map
- 2 types of data sheets
Check out the in-depth video tutorial to learn more about this expansive and essential resource:
Not sure what level works for your student? Check out the skills matrix below:
Check out how to use this resource digitally with Google Classroom:
For more resources, tips, and materials to help you help children with autism please visit The Autism Helper