This poster bundle will support your instruction on Figurative Language, Citing Text Evidence, Text Features, Text Structures, and the Writing Process! In this bundle, you get my bestselling citing text evidence posters in two styles, visual writing process posters, text features posters, text structures posters, and figurative language posters with definitions and examples. This bundle saves you 20%!
All posters are 8.5" x 11", and all files in the zip folder are pdf.
✔ Citing Text Evidence - Polka Dot Theme
✔ Citing Text Evidence Posters
Brighten up your classroom with these text evidence vocabulary and sentence stems posters & student reference sheets, included in both a polka dot theme and a bright color theme! This product includes my best-selling Text Evidence Word/Vocab Sort at a discount!
• “Text Evidence” poster for heading
• 5 citing text evidence vocabulary word posters
• 5 citing text evidence sentence stem posters
• Student reference sheets for vocab and sentence stems, in full sheet and interactive notebook (half-page) size
(Poster size 8.5" x 11" for easy printing)
• Vocabulary Sort
Use these posters to support teaching how to cite text evidence. Simply print, laminate (if desired), and post in your classroom! The bright colors in both sets will be easy for students to locate and refer to during discussion and written work. The vocab sort is a great hands-on practice or review activity.
✔Figurative Language Posters
These figurative language posters provide a visual reference for students when learning about alliteration, onomatopoeia, similes, metaphors, hyperbole, idioms, personification, oxymoron, allusion, and analogy. These posters are designed to appeal to upper grade level students and teachers and provide a memorable example of each type of figurative language.
Each poster shows the word, definition, and example. See the preview file for a full image of each poster. Posters print 8.5" x 11". 10 Posters total:
✔ Text Features Posters
Text Features for big kids! These posters are designed to appeal to students (and teachers) in the upper grades. 14 Non-Fiction Text Features Posters (8.5” x 11”) are included in this resource, with two font headings for your choice. Mix and match styles or use the font most appropriate for the readers in your classroom.
• Text Features “I Can” statement
• Table of Contents
• Types of Print
• Charts & Graphs
• Text Boxes
• Sidebars & Insets
• Bulleted and Numbered Lists
✔ Text Structure Posters
Complement your text structure instruction with these contemporary posters, perfect for upper grades and secondary.
This set includes 5 posters. Each poster comes in two formats so you can choose which fits your needs best. One poster has a blank graphic organizer, the other has information in the organizer to better support their understanding of the structure.
Cause & Effect
Problem & Solution
Compare & Contrast
✔ The Writing Process Posters
This manga/anime style set of posters can make an engaging bulletin board on the writing process for older students in the upper grades! The benefit of using these posters is the set of posters designed to show students exactly what the writing process will look like for the current assignment. This strategy is especially helpful for visual learners, students with language processing disorders or difficulties, and English Language Learners. Also included is a set of posters for tracking which step of the writing process each student is on, using moveable name tags that can be made into a clip chart (clothespins) or into magnets or attached with pushpins.
• 5 Writing Process Posters and One Header
• 5 "Our Writing Process" Posters and One Header
• 5 "I'm Working On:" Posters and One Header
• 2 templates for student name tags
• 4 Additional Posters: Rubric, Peer Conferencing, Learning Target Header, and Learning Target blank poster
• Blank speech bubbles for you to personalize your bulletin board
♦ These materials are meant to support learners visually, specifically in understanding how the steps of the writing process looks for each writing assignment in your classroom. The “Our Writing Process” posters in blue are meant to provide you a place to physically display what your requirements are for each step. You may place a copy of a worksheet on the poster, photocopy a page of your example Interactive Notebook, or take a screenshot of the work in progress on a computer or tablet. The important aspect of these posters is to give students a visual of the actual task. The “I’m Working On” posters and name tags are an optional way for you and students to track progress through the writing process.
****Updated 7/31/15 to add correct files to the zip folder and add Text Structure Posters. Please download again for updated files! ****
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.