This literacy center is no prep to you and great fun for your students. They love learning facts about groundhogs. This lesson gives them several different kinds of assignments to do that.
This lesson contains:
• A learning sheet about groundhogs
• A cut and paste worksheet over information from the learning sheet
• An ABC order worksheet
• An “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer (You can have books about groundhogs for the students to use and/or use the information on the learning sheet about groundhogs.)
• Two writing worksheets using the information from the “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer. One sheet is all writing and the other has space for a drawing on half the page and writing on half the page.
• A Word Search
• A “Correct the Sentence” worksheet to rewrite the sentence using correct punctuation and capitalization
• A worksheet in which students choose which of the words are contractions
An extra is that students love to color the pictures also.
A week’s worth of work for a literacy station. Have fun!
In my store, you will find an I SPY Groundhog Day that students love to do also!