This literacy center is no prep to you and great fun for your students. They love learning facts about cats. This lesson gives them several different kinds of assignments to do that.
This lesson contains:
• A learning sheet about cats
• A cut and paste worksheet over information from the learning sheet
• An ABC order worksheet
• An “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer (You can have books about cats for the students to use or use the information on the learning sheet about cats.)
• Two writing worksheets using the information from the “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer. One sheet is all writing and the other has space for a drawing on half the page and writing on half the page.
• A worksheet on filling in words in shape boxes (spelling)
• A “Correct the Sentence” worksheet to rewrite the sentence using correct punctuation and capitalization
• A worksheet in which students choose which of the words are in the “–at” family
A week’s worth of work for a literacy station. Have fun!