This literacy center is no prep to you and great fun for your students. They love learning facts about giraffes. This lesson gives them several different kinds of assignments to do that.
This lesson contains:
• A learning sheet about giraffes
• A cut and paste worksheet on the learning sheet
• An ABC order worksheet
• An “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer (You can have books giraffes for the students to use or just use the information on the learning sheet about giraffes.)
• Two writing worksheets using the information from the “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer. One sheet is all writing and the other has space for a drawing on half the page and writing on half the page. You decide which your students should use according to their ability level.
• A word search
• A “Correct the Sentence” worksheet to rewrite the sentence using correct punctuation and capitalization
• A worksheet in which students fill in words in boxes which helps with their spelling.
A week’s worth of work for a literacy stations. Have fun!
There are two freebies in my store that are part of this series. One is on dogs and the other is on turkeys. Check them out!!