This literacy center is no prep to you and great fun for your students. They love learning facts about kangaroos. This lesson gives them several different kinds of assignments to do that.
This lesson contains:
• A learning sheet about kangaroos
• A cut and paste worksheet over the information in the learning sheet
• An ABC order worksheet
• An “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer (You can have books about kangaroos for the students to use or use the information on the learning sheet about kangaroos.)
• Two writing worksheets using the information from the “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer. One sheet is all writing and the other has space for a drawing on half the page and writing on half the page. You choose which your students are capable of using.
• A worksheet on filling in words in shape boxes (spelling)
• A “Correct the Sentence” worksheet to rewrite the sentence using correct punctuation and capitalization
• A worksheet in which students choose which words are in the “-op” family and which are in the “-ip” family.
A week’s worth of work for a literacy station. Have fun!