This literacy center is no prep to you and great fun for your students. They love learning facts about spiders. This lesson gives them several different kinds of assignments to do that.
Check out the FREE section of my store for a lesson on DOGS that is an example of this lesson. If you like it, buy this one, too!
OR go to BUNDLES and get four lessons titled OCTOBER: CREEPY CRITTERS and get this lesson plus a lesson on bats, cats, and wolves for a cheaper price than buying them separately.
This lesson contains:
• A learning sheet about spiders
• A cut and paste worksheet over information from the learning sheet
• An ABC order worksheet
• An “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer (You can have books about spiders for the students to use or use the information on the learning sheet about spiders.)
• Two writing worksheets using the information from the “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer. One sheet is all writing and the other has space for a drawing on half the page and writing on half the page.
• A word search
• A “Correct the Sentence” worksheet to rewrite the sentence using correct punctuation and capitalization
• A worksheet in which students choose which of the words has the blend “sp.”
A week’s worth of work for a literacy station. Have fun!