This literacy center is no prep to you and great fun for your students. They love learning facts about turkeys. This lesson gives them several different kinds of assignments to do that.
NOTE: If you go to my store and look under “Bundles” you will find this lesson on turkeys bundled under November: Forest Critters. These lessons are also offered individually but you save money by buying the bundles. November’s Bundle contains this lesson plus one on raccoons, owls, squirrels, and deer.
This lesson contains:
• A learning sheet about turkeys
• A cut and paste worksheet on the learning sheet
• An ABC order worksheet
• An “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer (You can have books about turkeys for the students to use or use the information on the learning sheet about turkeys.)
• Two writing worksheets using the information from the “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer. One sheet is all writing and the other has space for a drawing on half the page and writing on half the page.
• A word search
• A “Correct the Sentence” worksheet to rewrite the sentence using correct punctuation and capitalization
• A worksheet in which students choose which word contains a silent “e” and long “a” in it.
• There are pictures of the critter that the students enjoy coloring also.
A week’s worth of work for a literacy station. Have fun!
Remember to check out the Bundles section in my store to get a great deal!