This literacy center is no prep to you and great fun for your students. They love learning facts about whales. This lesson gives them several different kinds of assignments to do that.
This lesson contains:
• A learning sheet about whales
• A cut and paste worksheet on the learning sheet
• An ABC order worksheet
• An “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer (You can have books about whales for the students to use or use the information on the learning sheet about whales.)
• Two writing worksheets using the information from the “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer. One sheet is all writing and the other has space for a drawing on half the page and writing on half the page.
• A word search
• A “Correct the Sentence” worksheet to rewrite the sentence using correct punctuation and capitalization
• A worksheet in which students choose which word is a contraction.
A week’s worth of work for a literacy stations. Have fun!