Have a reading SOL (or any other reading standardized test) at the end of the year? Yes, your students need to know how to read and comprehend to be successful on it... BUT, they ALSO have to be familiar with the wording of test questions, so they know how to answer them. These no-prep Language Arts Test Question Strips are PERFECT for use during or after a read-aloud, go along with ANY book, and will assist your students in anticipating/understanding common test questions. 118 interactive test sample questions are included. Laminate the strips, slap on some magnet strips, and plop them on a magnetic easel or blackboard OR use them under a document camera OR open the PDF on your SMARTboard/projector and answer a couple questions after each read-aloud. One or two questions a day will go A LONG WAY with test-prepping!
These Test Question Strips are color-coded based on unit. Test questions from TEN language arts units with accompanying subunits are included. Some subunits repeat for the all-important SPIRAL REVIEW! The units/subunits include:
1. Main Idea and Supporting Details/Asking Questions
2. Visualizing/Analyzing Characters
3. Sequencing/Determining Text Importance
4. Summarizing/Analyzing Story Elements
5. Making Connections/Making Inferences
6. Fix-Up Monitoring/Fact and Opinion
7. Making Predictions/Making Inferences
8. Compare and Contrast/Determining Text Importance
9. Cause and Effect/Making Connections
10. Making Inferences/Drawing Conclusions
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Please leave a review!