Also included in
- Speech and Language Builders BUNDLE This is a bundle of the following products:► Articulation Builders► Language Builders♦ This product is similar to my Language and Articulation Blocks products (see link below). It has some of the same targets but is designed for students who may not be able to pl$12.50$15.00Save $2.50
I love playing stacking blocks in therapy, but my students often got frustrated with how easy it is to knock over (and some of my students would knock it over or bump the table on purpose). My students love to use the blocks by themselves, so I decided to create mats to build on while practicing language! This is how Language Builders was born!
⭐ This product is similar to my Language Blocks product (see link below). It has some of the same targets but is designed for students who may not be able to play the traditional un-stacking game. The products are similar but the layout and game play are different!
Get this in a bundle with the language pack for a discount! Speech and Language Builders BUNDLE
This activity covers the following language objectives using functional vocabulary.
• Categories (name items in a category, which one doesn’t belong)
• Compare/Contrast (separate mats for comparing/contrast/combined)
• Vocabulary (naming item from a description)
• Wh-Questions (who, what, when, where, & mixed)
• Fix the Sentence (sentence absurdities)
• Following Directions (1,2, & 3 steps)
• Multiple Meaning Words
• -ing Verbs
• Regular/Irregular Past Tense
• Regular/Irregular Plurals
• Blank Templates (to write your own targets in!)
Materials: stacking blocks game (wooden stacking blocks. You will also need to select one of the Language Builders Mats that target your student’s objective (see the next page for the language objectives included).
Game Set up: Put the blocks in a pile. Pick the Language Builders mat that you need for your students and place it in front of them.
Game Play: Tell your student they will be building the image on the mat. Have the practice the target on each block as they build the image.
The object of the game is to build the image on the mat with the blocks while practice language skills.
Do you see mixed articulation and language groups?
► Also check out my similar product Language Blocks, A Speech Therapy UN-stacking Game
This activity uses the same type of blocks but the students remove blocks from the tower (similar to the regular game play) and fill up Language Blocks Mats. This product covers over 80 mats Click Here to View it
►Check out Articulation Blocks Here! These mats cover all phonemes in the initial, medial, and final positions (sblends, rblends, lblends, & vocalic /r/ included too).
►Check out Fluency Blocks Here! These come with strategy teaching cards and visuals!