This is a similar product to my Christmas-themed coordinating/subordinating freebie. This resource includes clip art and language that can be used all year long! I also have a 96 page language combo pack that inlcudes this unit.
This is a really fun way to teach about coordinating and subordinating conjunctions. According to the Common Core State Standards, students should master this skill by third grade!
* printable bookmarks for kids to complete during your independent reading time. They also work great during centers!
* cover pages in color and black & white.
* 2 printable worksheets for practicing conjuntions.
* 2 printable bookmarks for identifying coordinating and subordinating conjunctions during reading.
Ideas for Using Coordinating/Subordinating Conjuction Bookmarks and Practice Sheets:
• Have students find conjunctions in the books they are reading. Have them copy them on the bookmarks.
• Work with partners to think of conjunctions for the practice sheets. Then answer the discussion questions together.
• Have students complete bookmarks for each of the types of conjunctions and then glue them into their reader’s or writer’s notebooks.
• Have students create a conjunction folder and add the bookmarks and practice sheets. Cover pages are included!
• Once the bookmarks are completed, challenge students to pay attention to the coordinating and subordinating conjunctions in their own writing.
Common Core Standards for Grade 3 and Beyond:
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
•CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.1h Use coordinating and subordinating conjunctions.
Click on the links below to view resources for all the grammar and language usage Common Core State Standards!
Comparative and Superlative Adjectives and Adverbs
Concrete and Abstract Nouns
Regular and Irregular Plural Nouns
Simple, Compound, and Complex Sentences
Subject and Verb Agreement
The 8 Parts of Speech