This Quiz game targets overall language processing skills. It addresses Functions, Association Skills, Categorizations skills and the ability to identify primary similarities and differences between 2 words in a game format.
- 36 Function Questions
- 36 Association Questions
- 36 Name that Category Questions
- 36 List 3 items in a Category Questions
- 36 Similarities
- 36 Differences
- 36 Blank cards to customize
- 60 Points cards that are color coded to match the questions
- 1 Data Collection sheet.
- Copy and laminate the game cards.
- Decide if you are playing one round or two.
- Set up the game. You can use a pocket chart or blue tacky puddy to stick the cards to a white board or wall.
- If you want to do 2 rounds set up the double points round first. This works well when you only want to target 2-3 of the topics covers. It doubles the number of questions. Put the question in the pocket first, cover it with the points card and then place the light blue Double Quiz card on top of the points card. Next place the first round question and then the points on top of that.
- Each student selects a category and the points amount. Take the points card off and ask the question. If the student is correct hand them the points card. If not place it in a pile. Provide as many clues as necessary for each student to be successful.
- Functions: Tell the function of the word.
- Associations: Name an item that is associated with the word.
- Name the category: State the category the 3 words belong in.
- Categories: Name 3 items in the category selected.
- Similarities: State one way the 2 words are the same.
- Differences: State one way the 2 words are different.
- Play until all questions are used or time is up.
- Add up the points at the end.
Alternate: Play as a team.
Don't forget to FOLLOW ME and be notified when new products are uploaded. New Products are 50% off for the first 48 hours.
Earn points toward FREE TPT products by leaving feedback.