Tired of juggling all the materials, data and progress notes for your language intervention students? Help meet standards for language and for speaking-listening with your speech-language therapy or special education students in Kindergarten to 3rd grade, with this Interactive Notebook for Language Skills.
This resource contains the materials and activities for speech therapists and special education teachers to create interactive notebooks for language, speaking and listening to .
Keep tangible demonstration of progress, student responses, data.
Make writing progress reports & IEPs easier.
• “I can...” statements to glue into their notebooks aligned to most of the CCSS for Language, Speaking & Listening (some standards for conventions of capitalization and punctuation are not included).
• statements for the progression from K-2 first, then standards from grade 3.
I have omitted grade levels from the standards labels, for the sake of older students working below age/grade level.
• examples and activities for most statements
A Guide to the Contents:
- SL.2 and SL.3 - Listening task cards
- SL.3 - Modified barrier game activities with directions
- SL.4 - Describing people, places, things, and events activities (SL.5 and L.1f can also be met with these activities)
- L.1b, 1c, 1e, 1f - pictures to be used in the notebook to demonstrate ability to use these words/skills, and task cards for proper and possessive nouns
- L.1e - alternate images - with little monsters clip art - for some of the earlier developing prepositions
- L.1a - Categories sort activities
- L.1g - Conjunctions and combined sentences task cards
- L.1f - Expanded sentences task cards, sentence strips to fix
- L.1d - Pronouns task cards
- L.1e - Verb tense task cards
- L.2d - Pronouns/possessive pronouns task cards
- L.4a - Multiple meaning task cards
- L.4b & c - Affixes and root words task cards
- L.4d - Compound words activity
- L.4e - Dictionary word and meaning cards to fill in
- L.5a - Category sort activities
- L.5b - Opposite sort activity,
- L.5d - Definitions template activity
- L.5d - Sequence verbs in order of intensity, then have students use 2 in sentences.
- L.5d - Comparatives
- L.5a - Figurative language
Answer keys/examples are provided as needed.
- I highly recommend for working with students..
- This is full of a number of useful activities! Thank you for your hard work!
- Love this! I'm always trying to think of additional interactive activities! So glad to add this to my repertoire!