Give your students language-rich materials for use with the book, "The Tiny Seed."
The materials have been designed with special needs students in mind; such as, students who need visual cues, language scaffolding, and/or picture based communication/supports.
They can be used with general ed and special ed classrooms.
The pack contains:
• Shared reading Before - During - After activities for 4-5 days, including
• 4 different sequencing activities, and
• a picture-based communication display to use,
• Vocabulary activities revolving around the science-based vocabulary from the book, including
• parts of my body and parts of a plant
• flowers, fruits, and vegetables
• definitions of key/core words from the book
• building adjective knowledge
• compare and contrast
• Phonological Awareness activities tied to the book's vocabulary, with
• initial sounds and
• counting syllables
• Science tie-ins that revolve around
• plant parts,
• food from plants, and
• other things we do with plants,
• Math activities, for counting seeds and doing subtraction
• Informational text (just 6 pages) about seeds and trees
• Art activities,
• Technology tie-in: suggests iOS apps related to the topic.
Images include Symbol Stix, clip art, and hand-drawn and painted art.
You might also like some of my other primary book adapted resources; including The Snowy Day
and Strega Nona