This huge packet provides your speech and language group with fun activities to last over a long period of time!
Who thought you could give your students a super easy, healthy and tasty snack AND work on:
- Story Comprehension
- Giving/Following Directions
- Basic Concepts
- Vocabulary Attributes and
- Context Clues
As your students create 5 easy toast animal snacks, they will do the following:
- Read/listen to an original, humorous folktale featuring the 5 animals
- Use context clues to deduce the meaning of 40 vocabulary words in the story.
- Answer inferential questions posed within the interactive folktale.
- Answer 8 WH questions about the story.
- Follow directions for the illustrated Toastimal recipe to create 5 deliciously fun story characters.
- Practice speech sounds (R, S, L, Th) by reading the color-coded articulation version of the recipe aloud.
- Use positional, spatial and qualitative concepts to fill-in-the-blank for the basic concept version of the recipe.
- Improve grammatical skills while filling in the blank with regular and irregular past-tense verbs and describe what was done in the grammatical version of the recipe!
- Describe and/or write directions for each step of the recipe beside each picture in the oral language version of the recipe.
-Complete a colorful, illustrated vocabulary attribute chart to describe the color, shape, size, texture, taste and category of the 5 speech snack ingredients used.
This fun and easy Toastimal snack is filled to the brim with an extensive range of speech and language activities that will keep your groups motivated!
*Please note that cream cheese can be used in lieu of peanut butter to make this recipe completely allergy-free.