Want to help your students build their vocabulary in an engaging way? Interested in going beyond the basics--but without getting too technical? Check out the Word of the Day Podcast on iTunes!
- Words you can really use.
- Explanations that make sense.
- Fascinating word origins.
- Usage examples from everyday life and classic literature.
- Fun bonus segments.
- Plenty of humor and the occasional pun.
- Punchy, action-packed episodes--most between 5-10 minutes.
Does NOT include:
- Jargon, boring words, excessively fancy or pretentious words, random slang.
- Someone just reading stuff out of a dictionary and expecting the meaning to be obvious.
- Long-winded etymologies where roots are parsed in nine different languages.
- Anything except the excitement of discovering and discussing the best language has to offer.
Teachers are already using the podcast to educate students in California, China and Afghanistan--both native and non-native speakers. The words can be challenging, but the explanations are simple, relatable and entertaining--geared towards helping students use them confidently in everyday settings.
The episodes can be discussion fodder, or accompanied with instructions to use the word featured in an essay or other writing exercise. I have attached one sample show, and the rest are on iTunes--free!
Feel free to contact me with questions at email@example.com
Host of the Word of the Day Podcast
Word of the Day Podcast Website: https://www.wotdpodcast.com