Formulation and comprehension of description clues is the focus of these activities. This resource is for you if you are targeting understanding and expression of descriptive language. Can students understand what they hear? Can they describe something so that others know what it is?
This is a holiday Guess What type of activity.
• 39 What do You Want? cards,
• 30 What did You Get cards (some are same items as What…want), and
• 48 gift cards to use before and after the winter holidays, or anytime - around birthdays, etc.
You can have students take turns at giving and following descriptions.
There are 3 different suggested play options provided:
• There is a that works like the popular Milton-Bradley “Guess Who?” game.
• There are 3 different ; at 3 levels of difficulty.
• There is a game board provided that allows for a typical game activity.
Students spin and move around the board. Before they can move they need to guess the gift on the card they chose from the pile.
The teacher/SLP can read the clues.
• There is another . Students need to describe the gift on the space they land on.