This is a similar product to my Christmas-themed regular and irregular plural nouns resource. This resource includes clip art and language that can be used all year long! I also have a 96 page language combo pack that inlcudes this unit.
This is a really fun way to teach about regular and irregular plural nouns. According to the Common Core State Standards, students should master this skill by third grade!
* printable bookmarks for kids to complete during your independent reading time. They also work great during centers!
* cover pages in color and black & white.
* 3 printable worksheets for regular and irregular plural noun practice.
Ideas for Using Plural Noun Bookmarks and Practice Sheets:
• Have students find regular and irregular plural nouns in the books they are reading. Have them copy them on the bookmarks.
• Work with partners to think of regular and irregular plural nouns for the practice sheets. Then answer the discussion questions about plural nouns together.
• Have students complete a bookmark for either regular or irregular plural nouns and then glue them into their reader’s or writer’s notebooks.
• Have students create a plural nouns folder and add the bookmarks and practice sheets. Cover pages are included!
• Once the bookmarks are completed, challenge students to use some of the plural nouns in their own writing. Have them identify plural nouns in their writing.
Common Core Standards for Grade 3 and Beyond:
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
oCCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.1b Form and use regular and irregular plural nouns.
Click on the links below to view resources for all the grammar and language usage Common Core State Standards!
Comparative and Superlative Adjectives and Adverbs
Concrete and Abstract Nouns
Coordinating and Subordinating Conjunctions
Simple, Compound, and Complex Sentences
Subject and Verb Agreement
The 8 Parts of Speech