Also included in
- Are you looking for the perfect daily review resource? The resources in this bundle have been thoughtfully designed to review key reading, language, and math skills for 4th graders. This bundle includes the following resources in BOTH Print and DIGITAL format:4th Grade Math Skill of the Day: 29 We$49.99$57.96Save $7.97
- Are you looking for the perfect daily review resource? The resources in this bundle have been thoughtfully designed to review key reading, language, and math skills for 5th graders. This bundle includes the following resources in BOTH Print and DIGITAL format:5th Grade Math Skill of the Day: 40 We$58.99$65.96Save $6.97
Engage your students in a daily review of key language arts and grammar skills with this *HUGE* Skill of the Day Weekly Journal.
Each week includes a daily skill review using a wide variety of high-interest activities. An additional weekly “Boost Your Brain Bonus” activity provides your students with an early finisher activity to stretch their thinking. Finally, this resource includes The Weekly Edit where they correct two sentences based on that week’s skills. (7 activities total per week)
This resource includes a total of 20 weeks of content (140 activities total, including the bonus activity each week). There are FOUR, five-week cycles/sets that provide skill review in increasing difficulty and different formats. Most tasks can be completed in less than five minutes!
Included in the file you will find:
• 40 Pages of Printable Student Pages *
• 5 Page Language Skills Quick Reference Guide for Students
• Complete Teacher Answer Key/Guide with suggested answers
• Four Student Cover Options (Color and Black & White Options)
• Teacher Information
• GOOGLE SLIDES version to assign to your students in Google Classroom
*THERE ARE TWO FORMATS NOW INCLUDED: This resource now includes a four days per page format (pictured) in both printable and digital formats. NEW there is also a ONE DAY PER PAGE format both printable and digital with interactive elements!
The following language/grammar skills are spiral reviewed throughout the course of this journal:
• Parts of Speech
→Nouns & Pronouns
→Verbs & Verb Tenses
→Noun & Verb Agreement
→Adverbs & Adjectives
• Stellar Sentences
→Types of Sentences
→Fragments & Run-Ons
• Word Work
→Precise Word Choice
→Using Reference Materials
→Affixes & Roots
→Shades of Meaning
• Figurative Language
→Similes & Metaphors
→Literal & Figurative Language
→Adages & Proverbs
→Onomatopoeia & Alliteration
→Personification & Hyperbole
Please view the preview for a complete list of when each skill is reviewed.
Important Note About Grade Levels: I have taken great care to design this resource to meet the varying needs of 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers. Please find your grade level below to learn more about how you can expect to use this resource in your classroom.
♦4th grade teachers♦ will find this to be a great resource in assisting them to TEACH the skills in the journal. If used during the first semester of 4th grade, most students will need guidance and direct instruction when completing this resource. You can use this as a companion to your grammar curriculum to provide rigorous and engaging content practice.
♦5th grade teachers♦ will love this resource as a review resource. You may need to review and reteach some of the skills along the way, but you can expect that most students will be able to complete the resource with some level of independence.
♦6th grade teachers♦ can expect their students to utilize this journal completely independently as a first semester review of critical language skills.
I designed this resource after searching and searching for the perfect review of important language and grammar skills and not being able to find exactly what my students needed. I wanted something that would routinely reintroduce my students to the important skills they had learned throughout the year (and in years prior) and engage them in meaningful, varied, and relevant practice. The pages print beautifully in color, but look great in black and white, too!
You can use this resource as morning work, as a warm-up, as whole group or small group practice, nightly homework, and more. The options are truly endless!
Other Reading Skills Resources You May Enjoy