This is a summer-themed language pack containing materials for vocabulary, giving and following directions, describing and formulating other expressive language, sequencing, phonological awareness, categorizing, counting and subtracting.
** It has been revised 4-2016!
This pack contains:
* Summer vocabulary - picture cards to use for vocabulary drills, or for matching in card games (such as Memory-type games, Go Fish type games, Old Maid type games)
(40 vocabulary words; there are picture cards both with labels and without, and cards with no pictures; just text)
* Two scenes to label with vocabulary words (beach and garden),
* Create-a-scene: activities: use the scenes as a barrier game (3 scenes - beach, picnic & pool) or create a scene for students to describe or label, plus
2 New Scenes with 12 action/verb figures to place in them for students to name or identify receptively
* Summer fruit interactive book for how fruit grows, plus
* three different sequences (4 panels for two of them for growing plants/trees; cut out and glue onto construction paper + NEW: 1 plant cycle to put on a paper plate
* Interactive Counting book with beach themed items
* BINGO cards with summer vocabulary (10 different cards)
* Summer - Not Summer sorting activity
* What I Do in the Summer selecting activity
* Summer rhyming words
* Beach ball syllable counting activity
60 useable pages,
appropriate for special education classes, speech-language therapy, and general education classes for young children.
Age/grade range higher for special needs students.
You might also like my other vocabulary resources for special education:
and Vocabulary & Concepts for Math
and Back to School Vocabulary