Large Mammals fosters Literacy in Science! SEVENTEEN Lessons featuring Informational Text about Behavioral and Structural Adaptations, engaging hands-on activities, and EIGHT Interactive Notebook Assignments to provide students with a long lasting Large Mammals reference:
California Sea Lions
Northern Elephant Seals
Short-Finned Pilot Whales
Northern Atlantic Right Whales
LARGE MAMMALS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS (ALL PATTERNS AND STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED!):
• Vocabulary Foldables
• Expert's Journal using Close Reading and Text Highlights for better Comprehension
• Compare and Contrast Chart and Learning Wheel – Blacks Bear and Mountain Lions
• Note Taking Chart and Adaptations Foldable – Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, and White-Tailed Deer
• Note Taking Chart and Interactive Booklet – Mule Deer
• Venn Diagram Foldable – Pronghorns and Elk
• Circle Chart and Flip Book – Ocean Mammals
• Accordion Foldable – Gray Whales, Sperm Whales, Pilot Whales, Right Whales, Bottlenose Dolphins, Manatees
We've included black line masters of the lessons and activities for your students, a context-appropriate Large Mammals Glossary, a Vocabulary Quiz, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics for the Interactive Notebook and higher-level activities.
Download the Preview to see the complete Lesson Plan, as well as samples from the lessons and activities.
OUR OTHER SCIENCE RESOURCES:
ANIMAL ADAPTATIONS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK WITH FULL COLOR GAME
SMALL MAMMALS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
VERTEBRATES AND INVERTEBRATES INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE (4 INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNITS!)
Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING THIS LARGE MAMMALS BUNDLE EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2014-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.