• Cut these boxes of 2” tall numbers out to create a vertical or horizontal number line of any length (0-30) that can be used as a visual cue for your students. I recommend gluing the numbers you are working with onto construction paper or running them off on cardstock and laminating.
• A vertical number line will help young students understand how your thumbs up/down "Happy Counting" signal translates to bigger/smaller numbers.
• Don’t forget to add the arrows to help your students
understand the vocabulary used when comparing numbers.
• A vertical number line from 0-10 with arrows will be about 4 feet tall.
To make a smaller chart you can always go to Page Setup
and choose to print at a smaller scale percentage.
* If you are working with larger numbers, please take a look at my
“0-201 Number Line for “Happy Counting” Fluency Activities.” - Miss Pav