Features of Lesson Plan & Handouts:
1. Images: Las fallas imagery and use of “First Impressions and Analyzing Visual Images” literacy strategy from Buehl, Doug. Classroom Strategies for Interactive Learning.
2. PowerPoint: Introduction to Las Fallas
3. Video: “Las fallas de Valencia”, Authentic tourism video (available in English, Spanish and a host of other languages)
4. Graphic Organizer: “Los 5 Sentidos”, students will focus in on how festival is experienced in each of the five senses using a graphic organizer designed as a literacy strategy for video and online content.
5. WebQuest: Students will be directed to online content that will further understanding and encourage inquisitive approach to topic.
6. Questioning: As lesson closes students will be encouraged to write questions to further their curiosity and knowledge about Las fallas.
7. Text Introduction (English)