Las Fallas Spanish Culture Unit & lesson la primavera en España Spring sub plans
- Google Drive™ folder
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a middle school Spanish bundle of resources to use in a novice Spanish class. Present Tense Spanish Mega Bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Try out some comprehensible input with ready-to-go, teacher-tested units focusing on Spanish Super 7Price $74.99Original Price $96.38Save $21.39
- Here is everything you need to celebrate Spring in Spanish class. Multiple ways to chat about Spring Break or Easter Break both before and after the break, a mini cultural unit about Las Fallas, and a March Music bracket. This Spanish Spring bundle could be adapted for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, or SpaniPrice $21.99Original Price $26.96Save $4.97
- This is a middle school Spanish or high school Spanish culture holiday bundle of cultural resources to use in a novice Spanish class. This Hispanic culture holiday bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Celebrate the diverse cultures of the SPrice $69.99Original Price $89.38Save $19.39
This Editable Google mini-unit bundle includes materials for a 2-3 day cultural unit in Spanish about Las Fallas, a celebration in Spain in the Spring. This Spanish cultural unit includes authentic resources, a graphic organizer, an editable Google slideshow, an optional reading assessment, and ideas for expansion. This Las Fallas unit would be best for late Spanish 1, Spanish 2, or Spanish 3 students.
- ✅ Directions to the teacher for 2-3 days of plans for Spanish
- ✅ Editable Google slideshow to guide instruction (with embedded song, videos & authentic resources linked)
- ✅ Student note graphic organizer (print, Google & EASEL versions included)
- ✅ Optional reading assessment (both print, 2 Google forms & self-checking EASEL versions)
- + bonus Breakout EDU created by Susann Shultz
- + extension ideas including creating your own ninot
The Google Slides & digital graphic organizer could be assigned on Google Classroom as a sub-plan or for independent work during distance learning. *Make sure to make a copy first and then you can share it on your LMS making a copy for each student. Or use the EASEL graphic organizer as another option.
Las Fallas Spanish unit is especially relevant in mid-March, when it takes place.
You must have Internet and Youtube access for videos, sites, and authentic resources.
This mini cultural unit has become a regular part of my Spanish 1 or 2 in March. It is a great short unit to do around Spring Break, state testing, a short conference week, or just any time you need a little break from your regular curriculum grind. Depending on how much time you have, it could be as short as just a one-day cultural exploration, or as long as a few-day mini-unit. It would also be great as an end-of-the-year mini-unit.
- Unit hook song in Spanish
- Personalized Discussion
- Input – Using the prepared Google slides plus included videos. This could be done in person, hybrid, or digitally, using even screen recording. With level 2 or above, it could all be left as a sub-plan for students to read and complete on their own if needed.
- Student exploration of #authres using the Internet & completing the graphic organizer either print or digital.
- Optional Edpuzzle
- Discussion of what students found and put in their graphic organizer.
- Optional reading assessment (print or Google form)
- optional Breakout EDU
A Spanish class best seller with 100+ 5 star reviews
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Such a fascinating cultural event that I enjoy sharing with my students. So excited about the digital upgrade since we have in-person and virtual learners simultaneously this year. Awesome resource! - Lyd S
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was such a great resource to teach Las Fallas. My students loved the topic, of course, and the activities were excellent. Always great work from Mis Clases Locas. Gracias :D - Grace D.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thanks for putting this together. It did a great job at explaining Las Fallas. Students loved learning about this - Emily G
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have been privileged enough to attend (Las Fallas) and you captured every important aspect. I love this unit so much! - Small Town Spanish
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐Bundle up for the best deals possible!⭐
Get the Spanish 1 Mega Bundle for this resource plus many others.
Other Spring Resources
- FUTURE Spring Break Discussion Slides
- POST Spring break discussion Slides (past)
- Find Someone Who - PRE spring break (future)
- Find Someone Who - post spring break (past)
- Mania musical - March music Bracket 2023
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google resource and will be found in a folder in your Drive called "TPT Purchases"
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more resources check out my blog Mis Clases Locas - Las Fallas blog post
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.