Teacher's favorite art unit! Present Velázquez, Goya and Picasso! The unit includes a text on the people in the Meninas; then comes the vocabulary of painters and painting plus more paintings, oral presentations, oral exercises with cartoons of two paintings, even a list of Spanish museums and painters for further study. What more can you ask?
Much maligned and misunderstood, Felipe II has always been pictured as the arch villain. True or false? Did you know that his reign coincided with the Golden Age of Spanish literature?
ALSO AVAILABLE IN AN "ARTS BUNDLE" THAT INCLUDES:
1. Goya / Gaudí / Rodrigo; 3 interdisciplinary thematic units - SP Beginners 1
2. Cervantes and Sor Juana / Picasso / Felipe VI; 3 thematic units - SP Beginners 1
3. Rivera, Orozco, Siqueiros / Indigenous cultures: 2 thematic units - SP Intermediate 1
4. Fernando Botero / Cartega de Indias; 2 thematic units - SP Intermediate 1
5. Las Meninas / Felipe II; 2 thematic units - SP Intermediate 2
(You get ALL five for the price of four)
Subject matter: history; art
Vocabulary: empire; art and war
Grammar: imperfect subjunctive
Oral practice: ways of transmitting information then and now; Goya's paintings and cartoons
Homework: imaginary life; describe Guernica
Internet: Key word list to facilitate a search and further research
Store name; Miraflores
High school Spanish curriculum
Spanish culture for kids
Culture and language
Hispanic culture for kids
Spanish activities for middle school students
Spanish activities for high school students
All Miraflores resources are exclusively in the target language.