Las Posadas Bilingual Reading
This unit is for the Spanish language class. It includes 15 PRINTABLES and ANSWER KEYS.
1. Bilingual Reading on the celebration Las Posadas. This allows for differentiation in the classroom. It would be appropriate for both beginning and intermediate students.
2. Las Posadas Cognates: The students will learn how important an awareness of cognates is when learning a foreign language. In this exercise students will match the Spanish words on the left with the English cognates on the right. All of the cognates in this exercise are from the reading.
3. Las Posadas Vocabulary Matching (Two different worksheets)
-Match Spanish vocabulary words with English words.
-Match Spanish vocabulary words with Spanish definitions.
This unit includes vocabulary words such as el peregrino, rezar, la medíanoche, la Misa de Gallo, le villancico, dar una paliza, la estrofa, el rosario etc.
4. Vocabulary/ Grammar Review with Spanish Idiom
In this worksheet students will discover the hidden Spanish idiom by identifying different general vocabulary words from different categories (i.e body parts, numbers, colors, animals, vegetables, job titles, family members, and months of the year.) After identifying the words according to their categories, the students will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students do not have crayons or colored pencils they can simply cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the Spanish idiom, “Alcanzar las estrellas.” (i.e. to reach for the stars) Next, students will discuss with their teacher the meaning of this idiom.
LEVEL 2: Repaso de Gramática con Modismo
In this worksheet students will discover the hidden idiom by identifying different parts of speech (i.e pronombres sustantivos, verbos regulares del pasado, verbos del futuro, adjetivos masculinos, los adverbios, los sustantivos plurales, los verbos irregulares del presente and los verbos irregulares del pasado.) After identifying the words according to their parts of speech, they will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students do not have crayons or colored pencils they can simply cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the idiom “Alcanzar las estrellas.” (i.e. to reach for the stars) Next, students will discuss with their teacher the meaning of this idiom.
5. Spanish Verbs Present and Past Tenses (2 worksheets): Students will choose a verb from the box to complete the sentences first in the present tense and then in the past tense.
6. Write the Questions: Students will form questions using the cues provided. Then, they will answer the questions using the information found in the reading.
7. Las Posadas Grammar Review: Students will write a Spanish noun, adjective and verb for each letter in the words Feliz Navidad.
8. Las Posadas Scrambled Words: Students will unscramble vocabulary words from this unit.
9. Word Art: This worksheet can be used to review vocabulary words related to Las Posadas. Students should be encouraged to color and decorate the vocabulary words. It is very beneficial for students to use new vocabulary words in a variety of different ways. You could also encourage students to create their own word art projects using vocabulary from this unit.
When students have finished this word art worksheet, it can be easily displayed to make a beautiful bulletin board for Las Posadas.
More Spanish Christmas Lessons:
Las Posadas Word Wall
Spanish Christmas and Winter Verb Activities with Worksheets
Spanish Christmas Roll & Write Present Tense
Spanish Christmas Roll & Write Past Tense
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺