Also included in
- Would you like to help your students practice the preterit vs imperfect? This bundle includes several of our best selling materials including a reading and listening about La Llorona, a reading on Cinco de Mayo, a text and listening about Frida Khalo, and a board game to encourage speaking. The mate$15.71$17.46Save $1.75
Would you like to help your students practice the preterit vs imperfect while reading and listening about an authentic Mexican artist?
Easily adaptable for distance learning - just email or screenshare!
The lesson is designed to:
- Introduce students to Mexican painter and cultural icon: Frida Kahlo
- Introduce one of Frida's most iconic paintings: Las dos Fridas
- To generate interest among students about Frida Kahlo and contemporary Mexican art
- Practice the difference between the preterit & imperfect verb tenses
- Improve listening comprehension
- Practice broad and narrow listening skills with an authentic recording
- Generate discussion
This lesson is made for intermediate to advanced students or heritage speakers regardless of age. To help you adapt the lesson to your students, the lesson plan includes suggested modifications.
The download includes:
- 2 page lesson plan (pdf)
- 1-page student reading worksheet (.pdf)
- 1/2 page student listening worksheet (.pdf)
- Answer Key
- Audio for listening worksheet (.mp4 and m4a)