Also included in
- U.S. History Part 2 Bundle comes with EVERY lesson and activity needed to teach U.S. History II for an ENTIRE YEAR at a discounted price! U.S. History Part 2 Bundle begins with Reconstruction and ends with the modern era. Not only will you save tons of time, but your students will love completing al$85.00$158.60Save $73.60
Late 20th Century Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach a unit about the United States in the late twentieth century can be found here!
For a closer look at the activities in this unit, see the video preview!
What Will I Find in This Unit?
This unit includes 8 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate--
- efforts made by the U.S. to help rebuild Europe and Japan after WWII
- the establishment of the United Nations
- the U.S. economy after WWII
- the origins of the Cold War
- major events during the Cold War (Korean War, Berlin Wall, Cuban Missile Crisis, Vietnam War, Space Race, Arms Race)
- the collapse of the Soviet Union
- major policies of the late 20th century (National Defense Education Act, G.I. Bill, Federal-Aid Highway Act, Civil Rights Act)
- major events of the late 20th century (the baby boom, desegregation of the military, more women enter workforce)
- globalization, interdependence, and international trade
This Late 20th Century Unit also comes with:
- 18 Timeline Cards
- 17 Worksheets
- 9 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
- 8 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 2 Foldables
- 2 Research-Based Activities: Students will research the United Nations and former Soviet countries.
- 1 Escape Room Challenge: Students will complete an escape room challenge to learn about major events associated with the Cold War.
- 1 Group Activity: Groups work together to identify where goods sold in America were made.
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Final Test
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in learning about the late 20th century as they complete hands-on activities, watch video clips, and research past events!
Are Digital Resources Included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Late 20th Century Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student's completed version of the slides. Video tutorials are also included to help you share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What Standards Are Covered?
While this Late 20th Century Unit is specifically aligned with Virginia U.S. History SOL USII.8, it also closely matches most U.S. History standards related to teaching about the events and people of the late twentieth century.
The Following Resources Are Included in This Unit:
Want to Save Money?
This resource is included in the U.S. History Part 2 Bundle for a discounted price!
You May Also Be Interested in:
Follow my TpT store to learn about the newest resources and freebies!
Feedback helps me to create great products for you to use in your classroom. Please consider leaving detailed feedback about how this resource worked in your classroom. Each time you provide feedback, you earn TpT credits that can be redeemed for free and discounted resources on TpT in the future.
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).