Also included in
- This bundle includes three sets of fun activities, including foldables, games, and more - one set for prefixes, one for suffixes, and one for Latin and Greek roots. There are ten different activities in each set. Here is what is included:PREFIXES Foldables1.Foldable Cube for Any Prefix2. Three Flo$9.00$11.25Save $2.25
This set of fun activities for practicing with Latin and Greek Roots includes foldables, games, and more. There are ten different activities including all of the following:
1. Foldable Cube for Any Root
2. Three Flower Foldables (Six roots each)
3. Latin and Greek Roots in Space Foldable
4. Three Paper Chain Foldables (Eight roots each)
1. Words with Roots Board Game
2. Word Relay
3. Roots Bingo
1. Puzzle Activity
2. Color Coding Words with Roots
3. Two Root Sorts (Open sorts about roots that can be spelled more than one way)
With the foldable cube, each student can work on a different root, making a set of cubes that can be used for a classroom decoration or another activity.
There are three of the flower foldables, and each one is set up with six different roots, the paper chain foldables also includes three pages, each one with a different set of roots. Roots in Space is about roots that have to do with objects in the universe such as -astro- (star), -luna- (moon), and -sol- (sun).
The board game includes game cards as well as foldable game markers and dice. Word Relay is a game that requires no copies of special materials, and the bingo game is all about clues for words with Latin and Greek roots.
The puzzle activity and the sorts are both cut and paste activities about word roots, and the final activity is a fun design to color following a color code about the meanings of words with roots.
The variety of activities included should make this set work well for students at various skill levels, and the activities can easily be used in a variety of classroom settings including small groups, centers, and whole class practice.
These fun activities support standards for both language and reading.
For more Latin and Greek root activities including task cards, practice sheets, and a slide presentation, and for the prefixes and suffixes activity sets, see the Vocabulary Section of my store.
From Classroom in the Middle