Latin Build-a-Sentence Activity
Objectives: as a group, construct a Latin paragraph using the prompt and clues below. Each person will record their sentence on his or her own paper and attempt a translation into Latin. Once everyone is finished, the group will unbag the Latin cards and construct the final sentence.
1. Pass out prompts so that each student has 1 card (some students may have more than 1)
2. Each person should read the prompt on their card, but should NOT show their card to anyone else.
3. When you finish writing down your Latin sentence, show your translation and your card to the group
4. Unbag the Latin cards and work together to construct the entire paragraph.
Here is how I play:
· Copy the “my attempt” worksheets so each student has one
· Print and cut individual words (each group needs 1 set)
· Print and cut English sentences into strips (each group needs 1 set)
· Pass out rules sheet, student “my attempt” sheets, and English sentence strips to each group
· Once they’ve attempted their own Latin translations, I allow them to open the Latin word bags and use those to correct their translations
· See picture of how I print/cut the pages