Latitude & Longitude Around the World! Finding Latitude & Longitude! Engaging!
This geography resource is included in the 11-resource, All Things Geography Bundle, located here!
In this latitude and longitude focused lesson, students are taught how the geographic coordinates of longitude and latitude are used and found. Students complete THREE different activities to build their skills with understanding latitude and longitude.
First, students complete a short introductory reading with a short activity focused on the purpose and basics of latitude and longitude. Next, students complete a "Which City Is Located Here" activity, where they are given geographic coordinates and examine a map to help them locate major world cities. Finally, students complete an assessment to estimate latitude and longitude coordinates around the world!
Help your students build skills in a fun and engaging way!
This geography resource is also included in the
World History Mega Unit Bundle!
as well as the Complete World History Curriculum!
Be sure to follow the History with Mr E Facebook page
, and don't forget to signup for the Social Studies Newsletter
to receive information on flash sales, product releases, and classroom tips!
Interested in other geography products? Check out these geography and map lessons below:
- Five Themes of Geography Unit! Location, Place, Interaction, Movement, Region!
- Maps: Learn countries from around the world! Blank Maps, Quizzes, QR Codes!
- Different Maps for Different Things: An Introductory Mini-Unit on Map Reading!
- Different Maps for Different Things: A Mini-Unit to Make Sense of Climate Maps!
- Different Maps for Different Things: A Population Density Mini-Unit! Engaging!
- Different Maps for Different Things: Thematic Maps and Modern Issues!
- Different Maps for Different Things: A Mini-Unit on Road Maps and Directions!
***ATTENTION DISTRICTS AND DEPARTMENTS*** If you are purchasing for your school's department, please buy the appropriate amount of licenses. If it is purchased with school funds, it belongs to the school. If you are a large school district and you are interested in a full district license, please message me and I can work out a quote that is cheaper than what you see.