Engage your students with interactive activities to make learning about latitude and longitude fun!
Included in the download:
1. What is Latitude and Longitude?
2. Directions and Degrees
3. Facts about Latitude and Longitude
Interactive Student Activities
1. Key Terms and Definitions (students fill in the definitions as they read)
2. Tools of a Geographer (questions to check understanding)
3. Think Like a Geographer (labeling a globe with key terms)
4. Be a Geographer (Learning to mark coordinates of latitude and longitude on a grid)
5. Exploring Earth (Using Google Earth to explore latitude and longitude)
6. Write Like a Geographer (a letter writing activity)
Teacher Answer Keys
1. Tools of a Geographer
2. Think Like a Geographer
3. Be a Geographer
4. Exploring Earth
1. How to use Google Earth
Please check out the preview for a peek at the activities and informational text included.
Interested in teaching your students about the tools of a geographer and mapping skills? Check out the Geography and Map Skills Activities
Click the "Follow Me" button next to my store name to keep up on the latest news and sales from The Teacher's Prep!
The Teacher's Prep Blog
The Teacher's Prep on Facebook
The Teacher's Prep on Pinterest
The Teacher's Prep on Instagram